1 | USING BAKING SODA, VINEGAR, SUN
- 1 | Wash cycle: Add 1/2 cup baking soda + liquid detergent.
- 2 | Rinse cycle: Add 1/2 cup vinegar directly or pour into drawer where fabric softener goes.
- 3 | Line dry in the sun, a natural brightener and freshener. Also recommended for dry-clean only linens like duvets/comforters and pillows.
- Why it works: Baking soda, vinegar and the sun naturally whiten, soften, freshen and neutralize odors.
2 | USING STAIN REMOVERS WITH ACTIVE OXYGEN
- Active oxygen / oxygen bleach is a color-safe bleach free of chlorine and harsh chemical smells. It safely and effectively brightens, disinfects, removes dirt, stains, and odors.
- Ex. Wonderhome Naturals Laundry Stain Remover
WHY SKIP BLEACH & BRIGHTENERS
- They weaken and deteriorate fabrics over time, and brings with them irritation, toxins and carcinogens.
- They can trigger health issues like asthma, (even in previously non-asthmatic people), allergies, and hormone disruption—especially sensitive skin and babies.
- They can irritate the skin and eyes on contact.