THE NATURAL WAY
- Wash whites or bright-colored linens separately and frequently in warm water (less than 30°C) to avoid stain buildup over time.
- Wash Cycle: Add 1/2 cup baking soda + liquid detergent.
- Rinse Cycle: Add 1/2 cup vinegar directly or pour into drawer where fabric softener goes.
- Optional: Line dry in the sun, a natural brightener and freshener. This is also perfect for dry-clean only linens like duvets, comforters, and pillows.
WHY IT WORKS
- Baking soda: naturally whitens, neutralizes odors
- Vinegar: naturally whitens/brightens, softens, removes musty/mildewy smells
- Sun: naturally whitens/brightens, freshens
WHY SKIP THE BLEACH
- Bleach may whiten fabrics, but it weakens and deteriorates them over time, and brings with it irritation, toxins and carcinogens.
- Inhaling bleach irritates the lungs (greater risk for children whose bodies are developing). It can trigger asthma (even in previously non-asthmatic people).
- Bleach can irritate the skin and eyes on contact.